- Why take this online course?
- Who is eligible to take the course?
- How long do I have to complete the course?
- When do I get my Certificate of Completion?
- How much does the course cost and how do I pay for it?
- Do I need any special computer system requirements or downloads to take the course?
- How do I register for this course?
- If I am already registered and have exited after completing only some of the sessions, how do I re-enter the course?
- What happens if I fail the Final Exam?
- After I complete the PIRP course, how do I receive the point reduction?
- How do I know my driving record shows my PIRP course completion?
- After completing the PIRP course, how do I receive the insurance reduction?
- What should I do if I can't remember the answer to one of my personal validation questions?
4 Point Reduction on your Driving Record
If you have incurred violations during the 18 month period prior to completing the course, up to four (4) points will automatically be reduced on your driving record. The point reduction could help you avoid a license suspension. NOTE: The point total cannot be reduced below zero. Point reduction can only be credited once every eighteen (18) months. This course cannot be used to reduce future points.
10% Off Your Insurance Premium
When you complete the Internet Point and Insurance Reduction Program, you are eligible for a 10% discount on your Collision and Auto Liability insurance premium, including Property Damage (PD), Bodily Injury (BI), and Personal Injury Protection (PIP). Your discount will apply to all vehicles for which you are the principal operator FOR 3 YEARS.
All principle vehicle operators are eligible including:
- All drivers, regardless of violation / accident record
- Youthful drivers who will get a discount in addition to any discount for driver education training
- "Assigned Risk" drivers
- Commercial / Executive vehicle operators
- Senior Citizens
- Motorcycle drivers - the discount can be added to both the motorcycle and auto policies.
You can complete the course at your own pace logging on and off as many times as necessary to complete the online course. However, you must complete your course within 30 calendar days of registration.
As an Internet course provider, we will automatically mail you a completion certificate within fourteen (14) business days after you complete the course.
The cost of the Point and Insurance Reduction Program is $44.95. After registration, we can process your payment using our secure payment solution.
1. To begin, return to our home page and click on the "Sign Up" button or on the "Sign Up (New?)" link in our menu section.
2. Using the drop-down in the registration form, select your course - Point and Insurance Reduction Program
3. Fill out the Registration form.
4. IMPORTANT: When registering, please make sure to provide the following:
- A valid email address to which you have access. After registration, we will email your username and password to the email address that you provided at time of registration. You will be required to log back in using that emailed username and password.
- A ten (10) digit phone number - including area code. We will be verifying your identity through recognition of your phone number. You will be asked randomly seven (7) times during the course to call our 24-hour toll free number and answer a personal validation question. You are required to register your phone number. During each call-in, we will verify that the phone number from which you are calling matches your registered phone number. Failure to call in from the same phone number will be considered an incorrect answer. When you are prompted to call in, you will only have 40 seconds to do so. Therefore, it is extremely important that you have your telephone available at all times while you are taking our course. Failure to call in within the 40 seconds will be considered an incorrect answer. Remember: You must always call in from this same registered phone number.
6. You will then be logged out as part of the normal registration process. Click 'Logout/Home' at the top of the page. Again, we will email your username and password to the email address that you provided at time of registration.
7. (Go to your email and then) Log back into the course using your emailed username and assigned password.
8. Process your payment using our secure payment solution.
9. Change your password (to one you have chosen) as required by the DMV. Make a note of your new chosen password - as we will NOT send any more emails.
10. Answer a few personal validation questions - another one of our methods of validating your identity/participation throughout the course.
11. The list of sections will now appear. Click on the "start course" button to begin learning!
If I am already registered and have exited after completing only some of the sessions, how do I re-enter the course?
You can either go to our home page and click the 'Log In' button (under "Returning Student?") or you can click the 'Log In (Returning?)' link in our menu section. Then you will just enter your First Name, Last Name, and Birthday and click the "Login" button to resume the course. Don't worry, our student progress monitoring feature will allow to pick up exactly where you left off.
Per New York DMV Commissioner Regulations - if you fail to pass the final examination, you are allowed two (2) retests.
As an Internet course provider, we will notify the DMV within thirty (30) business days after you complete the course. A notice will then be entered on your driving record, and the DMV computer will automatically reduce your active point total by up to four points. Important: Completion of a course under the "Point & Insurance Reduction Program" does not remove, delete, subtract, or erase any violation, conviction, or notice of original number of points from your driving record. Even after you complete the course, most violations, conviction and points assessed will continue to show on your driving record for up to four years. Violations and convictions involving drugs or alcohol will remain on your driving record for ten years. "Point reduction" means the DMV will not count up to four points on your driving record toward license revocation or suspension.
If you need to verify the course completion has been entered on your record, you may request a copy of your driving record from the DMV. To do so, you must complete a "Request for Driver and/or Vehicle Record Information" (form MV-15), available at any motor vehicle office. You may also download this form from the DMV internet office. If your course completion is not noted on your driving record more than ten weeks after you completed it, please contact us.
If you present your certificate to your insurance company or agent within 90 days after course completion, your liability and collision premium reduction will begin immediately, retroactive to the date you completed the course. If you present your certificate more than 90 days after course completion, the insurer may issue the premium discount effective from the date presented. If you do not receive your certificate within eight weeks after completion, immediately contact us. You may take the course once every 36 months to maintain insurance reduction benefits.
Call or email us for assistance, click on the Contact Us link at the top of this page for our contact information.